Installation of Waterproofing Systems & Glass Tile
Maximize Profits. Minimize Problems.
Glass tile is in high demand from clients across the northeast. When installed properly, it creates a stunning backyard environment, but this high-end product can be costly and time consuming to install. Enhance your skills so you can maximize your profits and minimize your problems when working with glass.
This two-day course includes detailed classroom instruction in NESPA’s state-of-the art training room as well as ample hands-on learning opportunities for each member of the course. You will have the opportunity to apply what you learn in the classroom into a real-world installation project so you can successfully master these new skills.
The Power of Proper Prep
The first day will focus on preparing the surface so that the glass tiles can be installed properly. This includes waterproofing as well as mortar board installation. These first steps are critical for a successful installation and a creating a satisfied customer. Learn the best practices in prep so you can be both efficient and effective on your job sites.
Practice Makes Permanent
The second day gives a detailed look at glass tile installation from start to finish. Learn about the types of tile, necessary tools and key tricks of the trade. As you work on an actual installation project, you’ll see your confidence and skills grow.
Price: Member $395 | Non-Member $495
See the Detailed Agenda Below - Scroll Down To Register
Waterproofing Systems Installation
Wed 11/20 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Classroom training on mortar bed and waterproofing systems installation (Taught from a “Best Practices” perspective)
- What is waterproofing?
- What is a mortar bed and what it’s purpose?
- Understanding the different types of modified mortar beds and waterproofing membranes within the pool industry
- What to look for before you begin installation of a waterproofing system
- Common mistakes associated with waterproofing installation
- Mortar bed application and waterproofing application.
- Step by Step instruction on both disciplines including
- How to install a bonded mortar bed with modified mortars
- How to apply waterproof membranes on tile mortar beds and bond beams
Q & A and follow ups
Glass Tile Installation
Thurs 11/21 830-430
Classroom training on glass tile installation (Taught from a “Best Practices” perspective)
- General overview of the process
- Identify types of glass ok to be used in pools
- What tools do you need to be successful?
- What can go wrong?
- Tricks of the trade
- Proper techniques for cutting glass tile
- Thin Sets, grouts and bonded mortar beds, a better understanding of their role in the installation
Glass tile installation, both mesh mounted and paper faced and were to install expansion joints.
- Tricks of the trade in action
- How to cut glass tile
- Pros and Cons of each tile mounting system
- Why 100% contact is mandatory and how to achieve it
- Timing is everything; knowing when to pull the paper
- Grouting tile
- Expiation joint installation
- Cleaners and sealers for glass tile
- Q & A and follow ups
Register below or click here for PDF registration form.