Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
The Pool & Spa Show Codes & Regs Buyers & Owners

Pool & Spa Industry News

Codes, Regulations & Standards

The Northeast Spa & Pool Association is your best resource for all current code and regulations and standards. NESPA has dedicated a section of our website to give you access to technical codes and regulations for each of our four states.

View Codes, Regulations & Standards

Licensing Around the Region

Stay up-to-date on licensing requirements in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York (including Long Island) and Pennsylvania. 

View the Latest Licensing News

NEW!  See licensing requirements for Builders, Service Contractors and Maintenance Professionals in the NESPA Region.  Quickly see what licenses you need for where you do business.

Check Out Licensing Requirements At-A-Glance

NESPA Government Relations Action Committee

The Northeast Pool & Spa Association is your voice on legislation and regulations impacting our industry. The Association monitors legislative action across the region and represents the pool and spa industry when these important actions are being debated.

Find Out About Government Activities Around The Region

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

ADA regulations cover both public and private facilities including pools operated by public park and recreation districts, hotels and motels, fitness and recreational sports clubs, country clubs, high schools and universities, waterparks, hospitals and health care facilities. Regulations may also apply to private residential facilities, such as homeowners, apartment and condo associations, if these facilities are open to the general public.

A summary of Accessibility Guidelines for Recreation Facilities  | View ADA Seminar Videos 
ADA Accessible Pool Means of Entry and Exit  

Licensing - Connecticut & Nassau County

Have questions about licensing requirements in Connecticut? 

NESPA and CONSPA have developed a comprehensive online resource designed to answer your questions about the Pool and Spa Maintenance and Repair License (SP-1 & SP-2) and the Swimming Pool Builder License.  Click here to find out the answers to frequently asked questions and to download the forms needed to apply for licensing in Connecticut.

Scroll Up