The Office of the State Building Inspector is now part of the Department of Construction Services and no longer under the Department of Public Safety.
These approved updated state codes will be effective for all permit applications until September, 30, 2018 and incorporate the following:
- 2012 ICC International Building Code;
- 2012 ICC International Residential Code;
- 2012 ICC International Existing Buildings Code;
- 2012 ICC International Mechanical Code;
- 2012 International Plumbing Code;
- 2012 ICC International Energy Conservation Code;
- 2014 NFPA 70 - National Electric Code;
- 2009 ICC / ANSI A117.1 - Accessible and Usable Building and Facilities;
- 2012 ICC International Fire Code
- 2012 NFPA Standard 101 - Life Safety Code.
The following Building, Fire Safety and Fire Prevention Codes will be in effect as of October 1, 2018
State Building Code:
• 2015 International Building Code
• 2015 International Residential Code
State Fire Safety Code:
• 2015 International Fire Code (Part III)
• 2015 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code (Part IV)
State Fire Prevention Code:
• 2015 NFPA 1
Both the ICC and NFPA will produce Connecticut specific books that should be available this fall.
Please refer to Swimming Pool Related sections Public / Residential
CT State Building Code Effective 10-1-2016
CT State Fire Safety Code Effective 10-1-2016
View the Calendar of Events to see upcoming courses to help you meet licensing requirements!