Governor Lamont has extended the deadlines for continuing education hours for certain state licenses including the Swimming Pool & Spa Maintenance and Repair license. The Governor is temporarily allowing online classes to be used for CEU hours if they meet specific requirements. You can find more details about these changes below.
Swimming Pool and Spa Maintenance and Repair (SP-1 & SP-2)
- The deadline to submit continuing education hours for your SP-1 license is extended until December 31, 2020. NOTE: SP-1 holders must still renew their licenses within existing deadlines of October 30, 2020.
- SP-1: Proof of continuing education is required biennially, consisting of not less than three hours, at the time of renewal for even years.
- CEs for SP-2 licenses are due next year on October 30, 2021
- SP-2: Proof of continuing education is required biennially, consisting of not less than three hours, at the time of renewal for odd years.
- SP-1 and SP-2 license holders must take an additional distinct class if they hold an SPB license
Swimming Pool Builders (SPB)
- Continuing education hours must be submitted next year by April 30, 2021.
- Proof of continuing education required annually consisting of not less than three (3) hours of technical instruction and one (1) hour of business and law.
- NOTE: SPB license holders must also take an additional distinct class if they hold SP-1 or SP-2 maintenance and repair license.
Governor's executive orders now also allows for:
- Offering of on-line classes (for CEU hours) until December 31, 2020.
- The CONSPA chapter is working to develop online CE classes that meet the State's requirements. More information will be posted soon.