2018 Pool & Spa Industry Survey
For the third year, the Northeast Spa & Pool Association has conducted its Pool & Spa Industry Survey. This year’s survey was launched at the 2018 Pool & Spa Show in Atlantic City in January. The Pool & Spa Industry Survey was distributed to industry professionals throughout the greater northeast in early 2018. Participation was limited to business owners and executive staff and respondents were asked to anonymously provide detailed information how their business performed in 2017 and what they expected their business to be like during the 2018 season. The survey was distributed to over 2000 top executives and the participation rate was 12%.
In this year’s survey report, we will provide insights specific to this year’s survey results as well as highlight trends over the last three years.
- There is an overall optimism reflected in this survey and a feeling that improvements
- in the economy has resulted in more households with disposable income and more prospective customers
- Companies are challenged with finding, managing and keeping quality employees that will help grow their business
- A deep dive into customer service challenges provide insights in the dilemma between empowering employees to handle tough customers and relegating that to top management
- Social marketing and referrals are key strategies used throughout the industry to maintain and grow their customer base.
View highlights from this year's survey below and view the full survey report here. Compare this year's results with results from the 2017 Survey here.