October is a very busy month in the pool biz! Some of us are wondering where September went and others can’t believe summer is over! Yet here we are, Mid-October already! and racing towards cooler weather, shorter days and a season of re-tooling for 2015.
Hopefully between now and next March you will all find the time to rest and enjoy the fruits of your hard labors.
Since we’re all busy I’ll stick to a bullet-point briefing and add one or two thoughts and announcements at the end.
Here are some updates and upcoming events:
1) Fund Raising for a great cause! CONSPA will be presenting a check to the Co-Founders and Program Director- David and Cynthia Kim, in the very near future. Our collective efforts- which includes some wonderful and generous sponsors- raised more than $6,000 through our August golf tournament! The Children Of Fallen Patriots foundation grants scholarships for college tuition to young adult children of military families who have lost a parent. I love the fact that 100% of our donation will go to scholarships as the costs for running this foundation are fully underwritten by generous sponsors and volunteers. http://www.fallenpatriots.org/
2) Get Licensed Now! Our Education Chair and Vice President, Ron Falcioni, asked me to remind you that there will be plenty of opportunities to attend APSP “Certified Maintenance Specialist” (CMS) courses between November and March. CMS is the minimum certification required to apply for the SP-2 test. Please visit our web site http://www.nespapool.org/ChapterSites/CONSPA and click on link to NESPA site for a full schedule of classes near you!
3) Continuing Education: Don’t forget to attend continuing education classes that are required to maintain your license! This is NEW for Builders License holders. Visit NESPA web site for schedule and details. http://www.nespapool.org/
4) Attend Our Monthly Meetings and Outstanding 2014-2015 Programs! We have a terrific line-up this season. October’s meeting (10/28/14) features a pool/spa renovation round table format. If you DO renovation work, wish to break into it or are just thinking about it, this meeting should not be missed! The round table format encourages sharing of best practices and ideas. Tables will feature important renovation topics and be facilitated by (and attended by) experts in the field. Our November meeting will feature board member Bill Drakeley- an expert on shotcrete applications. More later.
5) The Pool and Spa Show: It’s not too early to think about this! You do not want to miss our 2nd Annual CONSPA reception for members and their guests at Top Of The Trop. Ask anyone who attended last year- it is a wonderful venue, a LOT of fun and a terrific way to spend an evening. Perhaps most important, it’s a way for CONSPA to express thanks and honor our terrific members who make up the Pool Business in Connecticut.
Thank you for reading!
Stay safe out there!
All the best!